Whether you write longhand, on an old typewriter, on a laptop, desktop, or by any other means, the main tool of our trade is this:
So here are ten great quotes on words and writing to inspire your writing for the week:
10. “Words can be like X-rays if you use them properly — they’ll go through anything. You read and you’re pierced.” Aldous Huxley, BRAVE NEW WORLD
8. “Tears are words that need to be written.” Paulo Coelho
6. “I love writing. I love the swirl and swing of words as they tangle with human emotions.” James Michener
4. “A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right.” John K. Hutchens, New York Herald Tribune, 1961.
2. “Writers spend three years rearranging 26 letters of the alphabet. It’s enough to make you lose your mind day by day.” Richard Price
I will close with a wish for my fellow wordsmiths:
From the words of Sappho:
“May I write words more naked than flesh, stronger than bone, more resilient than sinew, sensitive than nerve.”
Have a productive week wringing out the right words.