Jo-Ann’s blog is a potpourri of book reviews, interesting posts, and encouragement. It also features headings for her artwork and writing, so I’m looking forward to seeing more as she develops her website into a showcase of her talents as well.
Please check out Inspiration Pie–who doesn’t need more of both inspiration and pie in their lives?
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How Does It Work:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
Okay, here’s my answers to Inspiration Pie’s questions:
- What is your ideal vacation? I want to see England–well, all of Europe really–and Israel, the birthplace of Christianity.
- What do you love about yourself? I’m thankful for my wacky, left-handed/semi- ambidextrous creative writer gene.
- What do wish you could change about yourself? I can slide into “blue robe syndrome” too easily. The creative mind is both a gift and a curse, I suppose.
- What book are you reading now? I am reading Fredrik Backman’s My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry and The Bible
- What keeps you blogging? It keeps me fresh for my other projects–about to start a major revision on my Nanowritemo novel from last November.
- You are having a relaxing evening. What are you doing? I used to feel sorry for my parents when, at 18, I was leaving for the club at 10PM and they were sitting in their chairs watching TV. Now, I want to be in my recliner at 8PM–preferably after a killer day of writing, and then dinner out at a restaurant that I don’t have to pick.
- Do you have pets? I have a lovely but huge black lab/bloodhound mix who is a bit tidier than two of my three sons.
- Favorite pizza toppings? Black olives, green olives, mushrooms
- Coffee, tea or wine or other? A strong glass of unsweetened iced tea, no lemon.
- What is your favorite season? I’m a summertime girl–swimming, concerts, the beach, etc.
- What is your favorite book genre? That’s sort of like asking which Grateful Dead song is my favorite or which son I love best. I enjoy reading a mix of genres. I love suspense, thriller, literary, historical, upmarket domestic humorous lit, Southern Gothic, Christian romance, and timely nonfiction. I’m a compulsive reader–if it looks intriguing, I’ll read it.
I am going to use Jo-Ann’s disclaimer here because she says it beautifully…
*I understand that not everyone chooses to be a part of the award nomination process. By nominating the following 11 blogs, I am able to show thanks and appreciation for the joy these individuals have brought to my life. If you choose to take part, that is fantastic! If not, no worries! Just keep writing…♥
- No Wine I’m Fine
- Milly Schmidt
- Heidi Stauff throughsinaisand
- Katie Merkel Writer
- 365 Days of Marriage
- Stephanie’s Novel Fiction
- Jean Paik A Memoir of Truth, Lies and Everything In Between
- Words from the Heart
- American Writers Exposed
- Take a Minute All the Glory to God
And now, my questions for the eleven nominees:
- What is your favorite band or type of music? Why?
- You can have dinner with one person from history. Who is it and why did you choose him/her?
- Choose a motto or credo to sum up the way you live your life:
- Finish this sentence: NEVER TRUST SOMEONE WHO______________
- Why do you blog?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- What is your best quality?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What’s the last book you read? Would you recommend it?
- If you could rewind your life and go back to a certain age, would you do it and pick up from there? Why or why not?
- Who or what inspires you to write or create?